Ten Questions to Ask Yourself
It seems our lives change constantly and without notice! So some good questions to ask yourself from time to time are “Am I covered properly?” and “Am I getting the right insurance discounts that I’m entitled to?”
If you have had a life-changing event, talk with us to make sure you are covered properly.
Here are ten quick items to help you perform a checkup your insurance coverage. If you answer “yes” to any of the questions, give us a call to be sure you are getting the proper discounts and coverages!
- Have you gotten married, divorced, or had a baby?
- Is your teenager getting ready to drive or recently licensed? (A “good student discount” is available for 3.0 GPA full time students!)
- Do you have any “toys” that are not insured? (liability counts too!)
- Have you remodeled or made an addition to your home?
- Have you decided to buy a retirement or vacation home?
- Have you inherited property, or acquired any new valuables (jewelry, computers, electronic equipment, collector items, art, antiques, etc.)
- Have you signed a lease on a house or apartment?
- Have you changed jobs, joined a carpool, or are now retired?
- Do you have / operate an “in home” office
- Do you have other assets not insured with the same agent?
Note: It is best to have all your insurance with one agent to take advantage of multi-policy or account discounts (up to 15%). Just as important, your agent will be able to avoid gaps and coordinate coverages, saving your “bacon” and money at the same time.